On this list You’ll find all available WordPress video tutorials on Internet with a lot of links for every level of knowledge. Video screencasts in my opinion teach You skills a lot faster than the best book You can find. In future You should check for updates on those sites, because WordPress is rapidly growing, but sites offering such great video screencasts stay and update.
Get Yourself busy and good luck, I really hope these links will help Your development process!
WP Screencasts is a collection of training videos for managing web based content using the WordPress publishing platform. The videos in this web site will help you learn how to use WordPress to publish blog posts and pages, edit existing content on your WordPress powered web site, moderate reader comments, and many more common tasks for site administrators and editors.
The primary target audience is blog authors and editors using WordPress to manage their web-based content.
WP 2.6 Screencasts
- Dashboard and Quickpress
- WordPress Dashboard and the Right Now Widget
- Writing New Content with the WordPress WYSIWYG Editor
WP 2.6 Screencasts
Chris Coyier presents excellent three-part series which covers downloading and installing WordPress on a server all the way to a completed theme.
Also consider checking out Hodgepodge of WordPress tricks with a lot of tips discovered and tips how to use WordPress as a CMS.
Below are some video tutorials that cover general issues related to using WordPress and specific ones relating to how to tweak and use our individual theme series. You’ll find a lot of tutorials here, mostly basic, but I found several little advices useful for me too – You should check out these quality tutorials, around 50 tutorials available there.
I featured iThemes latest tutorials about WP 2.7:
- WordPress 2.7 – Overview
- How to login to WP Dashboard
- How to Activate Your Theme
- How to write a Post
- How to write a Page
- How to Add New Users
- How to Moderate Comments
- How to use Widgets
- How to use the Links feature
- Using the Media Library
- Using the WP Gallery Feature
These Sitepoint WordPress tutorial series teach You how to get started with WordPress and several skills You’ll need to protect and popularize Your site.
- How to install WordPress via Fantastico;
- How to install WordPress manually;
- How to get started with WordPress by writing posts, creating pages in WordPress, etc.;
- How to arrange your blog posts in categories;
- How to manage comments in WordPress;
- How to change the theme of your WordPress site;
- How to install WordPress plugins;
- How to create a backup of WordPress;
- How to secure WordPress;
- How to upgrade WordPress.
- How to protect WordPress from spam;
- How to create a simple WordPress theme;
- How to optimize WordPress for search engines – WordPress SEO;
Also this site covers a lot of basic introduction video tutorials as well as creating Your own WP template, customizing and installing.
- Installing and configuring WordPress (covers WordPress 2.3, Installing 1 video, configuring 8 videos)
- Customizing the WordPress Text Editor
- Introduction to building WordPress themes ( How to build WP theme from scratch)
- Building a WordPress Template Part 1 of 3
- Building a WordPress Template Part 2 of 3
- Building a WordPress Template Part 3 of 3
The following help videos (screencasts with audio) will hopefully give you a better picture of what WordPress can do–and what you can do with WordPress. Very comprehensive and advanced video tutorial collection.
- WordPress Tutorial: Adding a Hyperlink
- Setting up an email group (or forwarder) in Google Apps
- Setting up a new email address in Google Apps
- WordPress Tutorial: Cleaning Up Microsoft Word Formatting
- WordPress Tutorial: Simple Image Gallery with Captions
- WordPress Tutorial: Creating a simple post (2.6.1)
- WordPress Tutorial: Uploading images and adding captions (2.6.1)
- WordPress Tutorial: Image Captions and Text Alignment
- WordPress Tutorial: Uploading PDFs
- Post Icons
- Setting up a member/user directory in WordPress
- Add an event in WordPress
- Extended Profile
- Random Quotes
- Simple Page Edit in WordPress
- Lost Password, Update User Info
- Using CSS and Blockquote
- WordPress Overview
This is an index of the core WordPress training videos grouped by functional area. Most of the topics below include videos for versions 2.3.x and 2.5.x, more than 30 video tutorials available there.
Blogging with WordPress
Installation and Upgrades
Huge collection of various WordPress tutorials, You should spend some time to research those videos, a lot of great stuff available there.
- How to change your WordPress permalinks
- How to add an Aweber Signup Box to your WordPress blog
- WordPress Cforms Contact Form Tutorial
- WordPress Blog and Auto Tagger
- How to make a wordpress plugin
- John Pozadzides: 45 Ways to Power Up Your Blog
14 beginner video tutorials covering wide range of knowledge necessary for WordPress beginners.
WordPress itself offer a huge collection of screencasts You can learn.
- What’s a tag? How do I add tags to my posts? How do I manage tags?
- What’s a category? How do I add and manage categories?
- Schedule a Post for future
- How do I write WordPress blog posts with the ScribeFire Firefox add-on?
- How do I add documents or other media to my blog posts?
- Bringing content into WordPress from Microsoft Word
- Using Windows Live Writer
- HTTPS Configuration Why use?
- Make a “Back to Top” Link
- Create your first widget
- How to Activate a New WordPress Theme
- WordPress 2.7 Dashboard Basic Introduction
- How to Upload & Link to a PDF, Microsoft Word doc, or other doc
- How to Make a “Child” Page (Subpage) and How to Hide Sidebar Widget Link
- How To Install WordPress Plugins Easily In 2.7+